Employment: Sewer Specialist
Are you a skilled sewer specialist looking for a better company to grow with? Then 217, Inc. is looking for you!
217, Inc. is a locally owned and operated, service-based HVAC, plumbing, drain cleaning, and sewer company. We are committed to setting a new standard of customer loyalty and providing expert service to the Champaign-Urbana community. We service all major brands and work with homeowners, property management firms, contractors, and businesses of all sizes.
We are currently seeking skilled and knowledgeable plumbers to join our team of professionals. Qualified candidates must exhibit proficiency in installing, maintaining, and repairing pipes and fixtures associated with heating, cooling, water distribution, and sanitation systems in residential and commercial structures; fixing domestic appliances, such as dishwashers and gas cookers; and inspecting drainage and other plumbing systems for compliance with local and national regulations.
Sewer Specialist Job Duties:
• Clearing clogs from various types of drains and pipes such as floor drains, sinks, tubs, toilets, and urinals.
• Using equipment like electric snakes, high-velocity water jets, and sewer cameras for inspecting/clearing drain lines.
• Repairing underground sewers and drains using excavation methods.
• Modifies length of pipes, fixtures, and other plumbing materials as needed for a building
• Uses saws and pipe cutters as necessary
• Analyses problem and identifies appropriate tools and materials for job
• Follows health and safety standards and complies with building codes
• Documents the problem and summary of actions taken
Plumber Job Skills and Qualifications:
Collaborative, Problem-Solving and Analytical Skills, Decision-Making Ability, Good Listening Skills, Strong Verbal Communication, Stress- and Time-Management Skills, Business and Accounting Skills, Customer-Service and Interpersonal Skills, Mechanical and Technical Skills, Physical Stamina and Strength, Excellent Trouble-Shooting Ability
Team work is a high priority and technicians must be willing to work with and assist co-workers as needed. Please note that this is not an entry level position. Previous experience is required, at least 2 + years of experience preferred. A high school diploma or equivalent and a valid driver’s license are required. May require heavy lifting. Technician will be required to work extended week-day hours, weekends, and holidays on an as-needed basis.