Are you looking for a better company to grow with? Then 217, Inc. is looking for you!
217, Inc. is a locally owned and operated, service-based HVAC, plumbing, drain cleaning, and sewer company. We are committed to setting a new standard of customer loyalty and providing expert service to the Champaign-Urbana community. We service all major brands and work with homeowners, property management firms, contractors, and businesses of all sizes.
We are currently seeking apprentices to work alongside our HVAC Residential Lead Installers.
HVAC Installer Apprentice Responsibilities:
• Assist the Lead Installer during installation of add on / replacement furnaces, heat pumps, AC units, etc.
• Comfortable working on 2 story roofs
• Motivated to create a quality product
• Help keep accurate and complete records
HVAC Installer Apprentice Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
• High School Diploma or GED
• Successful completion of Trade School
• A minimum of 6 months experience
• Ability to follow directions and meet deadlines, reliable, dependable, able to provide great customer service, excellent communication skills
• Awareness of general safety conditions for the industry and willingness to comply
• Ability to lift 70+ pounds
• Some knowledge of current HVAC code, regulations, and industry standards
• Mechanical aptitude
• Self-motivated with a desire to learn and continuously improve
• Residential or Construction experience a plus
Physical Demands and Work Environment
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made.
• Occasional lifting, up to 70 lbs
• Continual standing, walking, bending, stooping
• Frequent climbing on ladders
• Continual use of both hands, grasping of objects
• Working outdoors in varying temperature and weather condition
Installer Apprentice will be required to work extended week-day hours, weekends, and holidays on an as-needed basis. Resume and salary requirements can be submitted via email. Pay rate will be dependent upon experience.
217, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time