Are you a skilled plumber looking for a better company to grow with? Then 217, Inc. is looking for you!
217, Inc. is a locally owned and operated, service-based HVAC, plumbing, drain cleaning, and sewer company. We are committed to setting a new standard of customer loyalty and providing expert service to the Champaign-Urbana community. We service all major brands and work with homeowners, property management firms, contractors, and businesses of all sizes.
We are currently seeking skilled and knowledgeable plumbers to join our team of professionals. Qualified candidates must exhibit proficiency in installing, maintaining, and repairing pipes and fixtures associated with heating, cooling, water distribution, and sanitation systems in residential and commercial structures; fixing domestic appliances, such as dishwashers and gas cookers; and inspecting drainage and other plumbing systems for compliance with local and national regulations.
Plumber Job Duties:
• Interprets blueprints and building specifications to map layout for pipes, drainage systems, and other plumbing materials
• Installs pipes and fixtures, such as sinks and toilets, for water, gas, steam, air, or other liquids
• Installs supports for pipes, equipment, and fixtures prior to installation
• Assembles fittings and valves for installation
• Modifies length of pipes, fixtures, and other plumbing materials as needed for a building
• Uses saws and pipe cutters as necessary
• Installs heating and air-conditioning systems, including water heaters
• Collaborates with contractors, construction workers, electricians, pipefitters, and steamfitters in installing and repairing plumbing
• Tests plumbing systems for leaks and other problems
• Analyses problem and identifies appropriate tools and materials for repair
• Chooses plumbing materials based on budget, location, and intended uses of building
• Follows health and safety standards and complies with building codes
• Documents the problem and summary of actions taken
• Performs inspections of plumbing systems to identify and replace worn parts
Plumber Job Skills and Qualifications:
Collaborative, Problem-Solving and Analytical Skills, Decision-Making Ability, Good Listening Skills, Strong Verbal Communication, Stress- and Time-Management Skills, Business and Accounting Skills, Customer-Service and Interpersonal Skills, Mechanical and Technical Skills, Physical Stamina and Strength, Excellent Trouble-Shooting Ability
Team work is a high priority and technicians must be willing to work with and assist co-workers as needed. Please note that this is not an entry level position. Previous experience is required, at least 2 + years of experience preferred. A high school diploma or equivalent and a valid driver’s license are required, as well as plumbers license. May require heavy lifting. Technician will be required to work extended week-day hours, weekends, and holidays on an as-needed basis.
Resume and salary requirements can be submitted via email. Pay rate will be dependent upon experience.
217, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time